essure or tubal ligation??

Has anyone gotten the ESSURE procedure done?? What did you think of it? Experiences?? Also same question for women who have had tubal ligation. How long was recovery time?? I am 23 with 2 children and know FOR SURE that I do not want anymore children ever. I see my ob on October 6th for my post partum visit and want to let him know then. I just don't know which procedure I want to do.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• I had Essure done last year. I LOVE it. I was down for the day of the procedure and that was it. No real side effects. My periods are a bit heavier and my cramping is worse but it was like that pre-kids/pre-hormonal birth control. I choose Essure over a tubal ligation because it was the ONLY sterilization technique to have ZERO pregnancies in clinical trials. Also, it cannot self reverse without my knowledge like a tubal ligation. Feel free to check out my journal entries on it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• purpleducky

• I got a tubal ligation done in august. I am 22 with two children. I was down for the day of the procedures. I just took my medications and allowed my body to heal for two days afterwards. I didn't really want to not do much but that was my husband's doing. He wanted me a hundred percent so there was no worries when he went on deployment again at the end of this year. I have had no problems what so ever with it! I feel great! Good luck with whatever you decide!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010