Ok I just posted a journal and I need some advice.

My mom is 77 yrs old and she lives in Seattle Wa I am trying to find away to move back home to be closer to her however I live in Huntington WV and I am on disability. So y journl is a about selling my candles so that I can make money to get home because of my health the only way I can get there is by driving. So my question is this how do I get you to look at it>

dynameteduck

Asked by dynameteduck at 10:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You may want to fix your link. It's broken (in the journal leading to your website).
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 10:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• thanks i am legally blind.
    dynameteduck

Comment by dynameteduck (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• What I can suggest is to not expect one journal to get seen. Unless you have a long friends list who bump it for you it will take time to get noticed. Plan on posting everyday. Also don't just sell your stuff. Nobody likes a hard sell. Tell people about your mom, about you, funny stories about your business. Make it personal and people will want to buy from and make friends and they will want to help you. Use graphics. People want to see what they are buying. You may also want to consider posting in the early morning to catch 'the coffee and a paper crowd' or post late at night to catch 'the insomniacs club'. Return every comment made on your journal. Comments bump the journal up on recent comments list and active journals get noticed. Finally leave a thank you for comment made in a chatter box. That gives you extra promotion and is just a nice thing to do. GL

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You can also set up your profile to reflect your business. Use rich text widgets to advertise your specials or show pictures. Use a my links widget to link to your website. If you sell on ebay or etsy there are widgets available for that.

Once you have it set up, plan on being active all over CM's public groups to drive traffic to your profile. Add and play profile games and leave tons of chatters. There are great lists of CM members in the moms tab. you can wish a happy birthday or happy anniversary. You aren't allowed to promote your business in chatterboxes but you can say hello or leave comments on photos. This will bring people back to your profile,
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• wow thanks that is really useful will have to do that.
    dynameteduck

Comment by dynameteduck (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Every time you change your journal, post a thought bubble asking people to read it. You can also leave posts in several of the advertising groups here n CM.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2010