Is it just me or do alot of people now a day prefure to stay home on the computer than to go out and do something?

I don't get it I like the computer but its not my life.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• Are you basing this answer on Cafemom? If you are, this site is for moms. If you are seeing a mom on here all the time, she might just be a stay at home mom. For some moms, the computer is their source of grown up entertainment. Don't judge.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I am semi-retired, my kids are in college and beyond and my husband travels extensively for work (gone 23 days in the month of September). I watch very little TV and manage to get a good run in, on average 5 days a week. I have time to kill. If I no longer had a job or had very set, local hours, I would find a weekly volunteer job. Today I went on a nice trail run that also included time on the beach-I'm good, but thanks for asking.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• There are several sites that I stay logged into so that I can grab a quick laugh throughout the day. 30 seconds here, 2 minutes there... The lappy stays on all day because I use Google Voice, but I do not sit in front of it all day. If I did, my family would be roaming the streets, dirty and naked in search of food.

I really don't know anyone IRL that would prefer to do so, and I know based on how many times I post on here compared to how little actual time I spend sitting in front of the lappy that I can not make an accurate assessment of anyone I meet on a SN site.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I PREFER to spend some downtime on my Laptop occasionally while I am watching TV or eating.
    Otherwise,I have lots to do and don't sit home all day. I have a car and a driver's license and places to go,people to see. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• There's this great new invention - it's called a smart phone. It lets you use the internet while waiting in the carpool lane at school, waiting to pick up your dry cleaning, waiting at the DMV, waiting all kinds of places where you'd normally be stuck twiddling your thumbs if you didn't have something compact and portable to read or crochet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I heart my iPhone. I don't like waiting. So when I'm sitting in waiting rooms, waiting for appointments, in the parents room of dance class I can be found reading a downloaded book, reading the news, checking out cm, and/or listening to my iPod playing the euchre app. ;). It's fun having fun. All on one phone. ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The IPhone is a little expensive and I don't get bored.....try people watching or reading a book.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes, especially the unemployed-it's cheaper than going out.
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

My droid was free and has kindle built in :p
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

~I'm perfectly Confident in my own choices on how I spend my free time. Thanks for concern in my life. ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2010