My husband doesn't like fat women

and I am!
I have been slightly overweight since we met and 7 years later, I need to lose about 50 lbs!
He always makes comments when he sees an over weight person on TV and it makes me feel like he hates my body too.
I know I have body dysmorphic disorder and that I really am not as big as the women he makes comments about (these women are 300+ morbidly obese) but it makes me feel bad.
Should I talk to him about it or just let it go? Could he secretly hate my body too or am I just being over sensitive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, I'd tell him it bothers you and why. It's really sad that some men only see a human if they are skinny.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not to be mean or anything, but maybe he needs a "fat woman" to kick him in the butt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Talk to him about it. Don't accuse him, just kindly let him know how you are feeling about your body.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 10:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would tell him how much it hurts you when he says the things he says. Tell him that he needs to stop saying those things. I would guess that he loves you for you or he would not have married you.

Big Hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Your husband is being rude. I would talk to him because you need to know if he truly has an issue with overweight people or if he is just making offhand remarks. You could be upset over nothing, or you could find out that he would prefer you lose a little weight, but either way at least you would know. And yes, 50lbs overweight is NOT morbidly obese so please don't compare yourself to those women! If you wouild be happier at a smaller size, then make it a priority to make it happen. Or, learn to love your body the way it is :) Many of us chunky girls are quite happy thie way, and so are our men!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The best thing for any marriage is honesty and trust in my opinion. So if I were in your position I would talk to my husband and explain to him that his comments hurt me and see what can be done about it. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My husband is the name and what irks me is that he's over weight! I've already called him an asshole for it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• *same
    mommy_of_two388

• I would definitely talk to him. Do not accuse him and don't be specific so that it doesn't turn into something it doesn't need to, but definitely mention that when he comments on fat women he sees on television it is inappropriate.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If he married you and you were this size, I think it may not matter to him. Imho.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010