How do I handle this? (posted in other catagory)

At a friends house this weekend, my 2 year old took a ball from his 3 year old. She hit him in the eye. No crying, no marks, he comes and tells me. I ask her to apologize and she refuses. We go and tell her dad, who responds by telling her that I am an adult and she needs to do as I ask. Great. Then he turns to me and lets me know that she was just doing what she's been taught to do. He has 2 toddlers and the tattling was too much so his girls have to taught that if something takes something from you, you hit them. Okaaayyy. My question is, given that I'm not comfortable telling my 2 year old to hit her back, how do I handle this if it happens again?

new_mom808

Asked by new_mom808 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I would tell dad that hitting is not acceptable for our kids, and if he wants to let them hit each other that's really up to him but if he wants our kids to be able to continue to play together then they have to understand that for us hitting is just unacceptable.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't let them play together anymore. This is not something that I would want my kid to learn, and I certainly woudln't want him to get hit again. Some parents have really strange ideas, that's for sure.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• as i said in other i would not let my child play with those kids... why put your child in danger of getting hurt???
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I wouldnt let them play either... i teach my son to get away from trouble kids, and if this mom is teaching that to their kids in the long they probably are going to start something!
    violetlady

Answer by violetlady at 11:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I personally would not let my child play with this kid again! Wow, not very nice parents to allow that. I hope your child is OK :((
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think you need to tell the little kids if it happens again that this is not the way your child plays, and that if they continue to do so that they will no longer be able to play together because your child will not get hurt just to play with them.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• STAY AWAY FROM THAT CRAZY FAMILY!!!!!!
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010