How do you know when you drop??

I have asked this on a group as well as a message board and have not gotten any answers. People say, "Oh, your doc will tell you..." but I am not interested in that kinda answer. Now, I have been going to the bathroom more and feel pain/pressure between my legs. I am getting more and more uncomfortable and it's hard after I have been sleeping and I get up to go to the bathroom, it's hard to walk because I hurt-pinched nerves in my back-they are getting worse...
I am 34w 1d and am delivering via c-section on Nov. 18th. I do not remember when I dropped with my daughter since it was 7 yrs. ago...

AnasMommy7

Asked by AnasMommy7 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sometimes after the first, you dont even drop until you're in labor. The pain, pressure, pee part all sounds like it, also you feel like you can actually take a deep breath. You wont stay preg. forever... even though it DOES feel like it! :)
    Tracyrae

Answer by Tracyrae at 4:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I have no idea!! lol. With my first daughter I was SO LOW the entire pregnancy I kept thinking "this child is going to fall out any time"...this time I'm carrying so much higher that I'm sure it will be more clear. If you're having a lot of pressure, I'm sure that is a good sign.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It will be very uncomfortable and maybe painful. You'll feel pressure in your lower abdomen, have the urge to pee. And it may even be uncomfortable to sit, stand or even lie down. Walking will be more difficult too. You'll also be able to tell physically if you've dropped, if you're not carrying low already. Your "baby bump" will appear much lower to the naked eye. Hope that helped!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• For me, it wasn't painful at all. I remember sitting up in bed with a pillow behind my back at like 4 am in massive pain from heartburn and all of the sudden, this really weird feeling of the baby spinning around. I went to the doc the next day she told me I had dropped and was almost ready. Don't let those mofo's split your membranes either. It hurt soooooooo bad and it didn't work.
    Maleeha420

Answer by Maleeha420 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I just remember walking past a full length mirror and seeing how much lower my belly was. I went into labor the same day, so I couldn't tell you about any pain or other "weird" discomforts associated with it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• If you feel that serious pressure in your genital/anal area AND you can now breathe, you have dropped!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• A friend of mine told me. I was standing in front of her and she said I wasn't going to make it to December. I asked her why not and she said ,"because you've dropped already! Can't you tell?" I looked down to where I remember my feet being, looked back at her and said "It all looks the same from up here." However, the muscles on the inside of my thighs felt pulled and when I got out of bed in the morning I couldn't stand up until I did some leg lifts first to get the muscled working again.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2008