My daughter is having pain in her jaw????

My 7 year old daughter came home from her dad's house for the weekend and is complaining that her jaw hurts? She said it started yesterday when she woke up. I asked her to show me where and she pointed to the inside of her mouth down by her gum line. I don't see anything there and I took her temp to see if maybe she had a fever from an infection and no fever. It hurts when she touches the inside of her mouth. What could this be? She just went to the dentist last week and he said everything is fine. Any ideas?? Thank you!

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 4:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Health

• It could just be some muscle pain, I get it from time to time. Put some ice on it and that should really help. If it doesn't go away after a few days or gets worse I would take her back to the dentist.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• It's probably her 6 year (adult) molars coming in. Check to see if she has them yet, it might be really sore to the touch and eating isn't fun either.......It's the second round of "teething"! She's probably had everything in her mouth lately too?!?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yeah I agree with it probably being her molars. Did the dentist take x-rays? Im 21 and just now getting my wisdom teeth in and it hurts my jaw like crazy! So I guess technically I'm still "teething" too lol. Makes me a lot more empathetic with my baby who's going through the same thing!!
    Anonymous