C-section after Vaginal Birth?

i have a few questions about csections. Im 30 weeks pregnant. I had my first child vaginally she weighed 8lbs 5 oz she had shoulder dystercia adn the doctor is feering my second child is going to be bigger and he wants to avoid the trouble! i was wonderin...
is it harder to lose the weight than before?
how long does it take to heal?
im a dance instructor how long before i can dance again?
any other info would be greatly appreciated

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had two c-sections...the first one I'd say I was moving 99% comfortably again about 3-4 weeks later. The second one healed even faster. (Put it this way, the night I left the hospital, I was hobbling across ice-covered ground to eat at Denny's! I must've been feeling okay! LOL) I didn't find it hard to lose weight after either surgery; I don't think that's any different than a vaginal birth, especially if you are breastfeeding. It's tough for the first few days when your incision hurts, and you're trying to get up/down with baby, but if you keep baby close to your bedside it's much easier. GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I lost 21 lbs before I left the hopital after mine,healing was a breeze I got up soon after started moving and win 2 wks I felt I could do we normally and of course walking and basics I did the next day I think you could start dancing 6 wks after to be saqfe depending on how youre healing I didn't use the belly band after but I will this time I felt no pain after bc I managed it w meds thewy sent me home w overall I felt good about my csection and whebever there is even a question fpr the babys safety id always choose a csection stay positive and everything will work out
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It is not harder to lose the weight after a c-sec...regardless to what you may hear. Both of my kids were by c-section and if you want to lose the weight, eat right, stay active. There should be no problem. It takes the full 6 weeks to more depending on your own medical condition. If you take it easy and do exactly what the doctor tells you to you should be back to normal in that 6 weeks. Be careful, after the 1st week you may feel fine but doing too much too soon can cause problems in healing. I do believe that you could go back to dancing again right after your 6 week check up...once you get that clean bill of health. That is the one main difference in healing time it does take the full 6weeks for a c-sec.
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 11:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Have you decided this is what you want? Investigated the risks and options?
    You might also consider hiring a midwife instead of a surgeon. They are specialists in normal pregnancy & labor situations and hurdles.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Shoulder dystcotia is easily gone around in labor with a simple manuever either by you or your practitioner, I agree maybe you should look into a midwife instead they are well trained in this and it isn't a problem or a mandatory c-section.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• don't feel pressured into having a c-section. try vaginal first. it's the same to lose wieght, unless you have complications after.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 1:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010