Would you marry into a family that hated you?

Would you marry into a family that most of the people will openly say 'I know nothing about you but I don't like you at all'? But even after that always stay in the back of the house/back porch when I am here and have nothing to do with me or even try to 'get to know me'.
I've been called the devil because I met SO online, I use a computer/cell phone.
I'm not liked because of tattoos/piercings.
They are always saying I'm not doing the best I can for my kids. Youngest DD has GERD and they don't realize it is a MEDICAL CONDITION that will not go away until she grows out of it.
They are always saying both girls are underweight because SIL's 8 month old weighs as much as my almost 3 year old (30 pounds).
Would it even be worth it to 'be part of a family' that's just always going to hate me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I did it once. The marriage ended quickly.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Personally, no. Sounds like you need to stand up for yourself a little bit here.. GL to you & hope everything works out for the best.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• as long as you live far away from them. chances are they wouldn't like anyone your so would bring home. my ex mil was like this but i think deep down inside she really did like me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You are marrying your significant other, not his family. If they don't accept you, you really don't have to spend that much time with him. other than for holidays. What does your significant other say about how they treat you and what does he say to them?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I did. Not knowing. I stood up for myself cut a few people off, chewed a few people out. Some changed their attitudes and are different now. Our marriage is just fine. Set boundaries. You married him, not them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• if your fiance is willing to stand up for you under any and all circumstances, maybe.

Are they Amish or something? Why would they care that you use a cell phone/the internet?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I did. My DH's parents passed away before we met, so that's not an issue. But his Brother and Sister both hate me with a passion, have since day one. His brother even lives in our basement. We simply avoid each other and do our best not to involve my DH in our disputes... But really, it doesn't affect our relationship to much. We just won't let it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My family doesn't like my boyfriend and I don't care and he doesn't either. We have been together for 8 years since we were 16 and are happy and that's all that matters

your not marrying his family
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Hell NO
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It depends on what that hate you for. If they do not have anything solid ,I would. People hate for your race, income, looks.. ect.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 11:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010