How will I know when I go into real labor and not just be having BraxtonHicks contractions?

meggy23

Asked by meggy23 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was the Queen of BH contractions. lol Believe me when the real ones came I KNEW!!!! When you can't talk through them and they don't stop you know.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If you have braxton hicks contractions - you are suppose to drink a whole glass of water.. lay down on your left side with your feet propped up.... if the contractions go away after 10 minutes they were braxton hicks if they continued there were real labor pains.. and continue to get worse..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• When instead of saying "Owww" and shifting uncomfortably, you're suddenly thinking, "Holy mother, this hurts so bad I can't even speak!" and holding stock still. LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• you'll just know...my real contractions were not regular and never got regular and my real contractions did not hurt at all and never hurt, my BHCs did hurt, but i knew it was time by instinct...trust you will know
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I should add that it's true some women's real contractions don't hurt. But you will know, trust me...it's just different.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• trust your instincts. you will have a lot of contractions instead of just now and then. and they wont go away with rest and fluids.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• For me braxton felt like a more intense kick, but when real labor hit it came with feelings of tugging in my lower tummy area and a sudden awareness of my body preparing. I guess the best way to say you will know the difference is its almost instinct and suddenly you say to yourself oh, this is the moment. for me a calm before the storm feeling came too. Wish you the best of luck and remember trust your body and motherly instinct , it will not let you down if you tune into it.
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My 1st one it was WTF mixed with I don't want to do this.....I want to take it back....I think i was more scared that in real pain....It hurt but I am a baby when it comes to pain....With my second I was having contrations every day from seven months to the day I went into labor....It was like I just knew that day that something was different and it was not Braxton Hicks.....You'll know...
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 11:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• because they won't stop. they will get worse as they go along. don't you love how they make it look like on tv shows that the first time you have a single contraction you have your baby 10 minutes later lol
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• thanks ya'll. i appreciate it
    meggy23

Comment by meggy23 (original poster) at 4:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010