Daughter with jaw pain?

My 7 year old daughter came home from her dad's house for the weekend and is complaining that her jaw hurts? She said it started yesterday when she woke up. I asked her to show me where and she pointed to the inside of her mouth down by her gum line. I don't see anything there and I took her temp to see if maybe she had a fever from an infection and no fever. It hurts when she touches the inside of her mouth. What could this be? She just went to the dentist last week and he said everything is fine. Any ideas?? Thank you!

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 4:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Kids' Health

• did she eat lots of citrus or hot food at dads. I would just wait a day or so and see what develops
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Could be a piece of food caught between her gum and teeth. You ever get a popcorn kernel skin wedged in there? Ouch! Maybe a viral mouth sore? Maybe she slept funny?
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My son is almost seven and loosing some of his baby teeth and has been complaining about the same thing. He has had a couple teeth removed because the new tooth absorbed the roots. Did the dentist take x rays? If they did you could call and ask if there was new teeth coming in.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• TMJ
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2008