Would you ever marry for money/financial security??

Just wondering how many people would marry for money/financial security. I have been on both ends of the money spectrum, and life is so much easier and less stressful when money is not an issue as to your way of life.

emmasmom2003

Asked by emmasmom2003 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• My mother always said it is as easy to love a rich man as it is a poor man. I think I should have listened to my mother. It sucks being the primary breadwinner and having to do 90% of the household activities yourself. Money is not everything, but it sure makes life easier and give a woman more options in times of stress.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 4:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• A sugar daddy?? Sure would. My only drawback would be I wouldn't do it until the boys were graduated and gone. Then with "me" time, if it happend, I would do it.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 5:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• as long as he was attractive, and not abusive in any way sign me up!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I make more money than my husband, so maybe he married for financial security? LOL. No, I wouldn't knock it, there's a lot to be said for not worrying about money, but there would have to be some affection there, too.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Ok.....would anybody leave their husband who is broke for another man who is financially secure in order to make her and her children's life better?
    emmasmom2003

Answer by emmasmom2003 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am sure life would be a lot easier with financial security. However, I would prefer to have love with financial security. I, too, have had money.... I still prefer love.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I ain't sayin she's a gold digger! But she ain't messin' with no broke, broke n****!! I have to love someone to be with them. If I loved a rich guy, I'd marry him. If I loved a man with a bus pass, I'd marry him too! We'd work together and make our lives better.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Darn right I would!! Money=security, Money=Power. Money =the better things in life. Oh yeah. i married for love twice, and HATE being POOR and uncertain about whether we can make our bills and mortgage payment next month or be without a home, food and utilities. YES I'd even marry an ugly old geezer if I had to to get security and if he'd promise to give me enough money to make it for the rest of my life. You can't eat LOVE.
    Anonymous

• To me that would be called using. And you shouldn't marry someone just for that reason. That is wrong. God doesn't want that kind of marriage. Look up the scripture on marriage and you will see with what I am trying to say here. I'm not sure with where at in the bible but it does state a lot of that stuff in it. So please don't marry just for those 2 reason's. That is wrong.
    snickers1201

Answer by snickers1201 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008