Is that a worm in your eye, or are you just happy to see me?

This was just reported on my local news, "A man complained to his doctor that he was seeing spots. But it was in fact a worm living inside his eye!! It was a stubborn one too. Doctors fired a lazer into his eye to try & kill the worm. They could see it moving trying to avoid the beam." This story even caught the attention of the cable channel "Animal Planet" where they interviewed the man for an upcoming episode of "Monster Inside Me". Have you ever heard of such a thing? How does a person who is alive have a worm living in their eye?? Gross!!

Abytome

Asked by Abytome at 11:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• yep this should actually be an extention to another show that animal had about worms in the eye. very gross and very possible. yuck
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• it's gross, but possible. just like having a tape worm in your intestines. sooo gross
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yes I have. It actually happens a little more than you'd think!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• What kind of worm?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• WOW- That is SO Gross! i can't watch the show Monsters Inside Me; it Freaks me out- it is a Trip how things can happen to a Human Body! i think the worse one that i saw was when women were swallowing a Tape Worm to lose weight! There is NO Sense in that- Gross Me Out! LOL
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010