3 year old calling 911....how to deal with it??help!!

Okay, so about 6 weeks ago my 3 year old decided to call 911 on his sisters cell phone while DH was sleeping off a night shift...(usually they would not be alone in that circumstance, but I had to take my Gma out of town that day). He hands DH the phone and the operator mistakes his grogginess for an actual emergency and dispatches an officer. He was able to explain what had happened and why he was groggy. No big deal, but the officer didn't even talk to my son.
Tonight my son did it again, only I was home and on my cell with DH. He got a hold of the cordless house phone and went in his room and dialed. Then he brings me the phone and says mom I called someone. I talked to her and she said it was alright as long as there wasn't a problem.
My question is: what do I do?? How do I get the point across that this is not acceptable? I have talked to him and I thought he got it, but now he did it again...I could use some advice..

cjzmom

Asked by cjzmom at 11:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 3 yr old cousin just did this the sherriff legally has to come out so he talked to him about why he can't do it and he was completely listening and sorry he got the point I know you probably don't want them to come out again but if he does it have them tell him
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• maybe tell him the police will take him to jail bc it's against the law? btw, it is. punish him by taking something important away? sorry, not much help, but none of mine have done this!
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 12:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thx Ladies...I'm hoping he wont do it again, but if he does I plan on asking them to send an officer to talk to him for sure. The first time the operator told DH that it was a good thing that he did at least know what it was for and how to do it...but idk if he will get the point if I take something away....he is only 3...
    cjzmom

Comment by cjzmom (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2010