Do your toddlers put up a fight at bedtime??

My daughter used to be on a schedule. nap around 1 bed at 9 and get up around 8-9 now that's history!! She can stay up forever and when I put her to bed its a fight to get her to stay in her room even if she's tired. she wants to fall asleep on the couch.

I don't know what happened to the schedule or anything and she doesn't nap either. my mom just laughs at me and says she's just like me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never. My dd is 26 months old and goes to bed with no problems.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• YES!!!!!! My son used to go to bed by 9 easily but now we still stick to our schedule but he will cry and cry in his bed. Dad and I both have to go in and rock him and love on him before he will calm down. He is still in his crib so we have som advantage to keeping him in his bedroom. He is 21 months old
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• She went to bed easy until about 2 months ago. She is 3 and a half.
    Needs a drink
    Wants to see a show.
    Needs another story.
    Hungry.
    Jammies are too hot.
    Too Dark.
    Something is in her closet.
    "Extremely Scared"

We tell her she has 5 minutes to take care of all this. Then no more. It works.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• shoot. my 1st son slept with us until he was 1 and i was fixin to have my 2nd son. then he had to cry it out. now he goes to bed no problem at all. unless someone thats not momma, daddy or brother in the house. his younger brother slept alone from day 1. and he perfered it. he actually couldnt fall asleep easily with people holding him. now, he wants his butt patted until hes asleep or he has to cry it out. and he always sleeps on the floor. we put him back in bed 2 or 3 times a night. kids arent dumb. they know how to bend us adults. you have to be 'mean' about it in order for them to follow the rules. it all works out in the end.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not usually. He always stays up for a while and plays in bed but as soon as I say night night he marches straight to the bedroom and thats that.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no...my 2 1/2 yr old goes to bed good every night at 8. Sometimes she fights nap a bit but is usually asleep within 10min.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not really. My son is such a good sleeper.....I put him in his crib, and he gets his blankie and goes to sleep. It doesn't really matter what time I put him down, when he's in his crib, he knows it's time to sleep.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• lol its a right of passage for all toddlers and anyone who says their kid doesn't have sleep issues is either lying or is about to experience them very soon!!!! Just be consistent and calm at bedtime.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No I started training them early on that bedtime is going to sleep time. I usually put them down (twins) around 8:30 and they listen to their glow worms for about 5 minutes then fall asleep.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

bjane01