Coughs then throws up :/

For past week my son has coughed and then suddenly thrown up. His allergies are AWFUL right now. Could this throwing up be from the allergies or something else I should be worried about? He has had a cold for about a month. (he attends daycare so it seems to be a never ending cycle right now)

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pertusis sp or whopping cough can cause a child to cough until they throw up
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• He's throwing up because of the post-nasal drip. It used to happen to me as a kid. he's got so much snot that it's irritating his throat and his tummy. I would take him to the doctor at this point to make sure he doesn't have a bacterial infection or see if they can do anything for the hay fever. Hope he feels better soon!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• That sounds like WHooping Cough--Pertussis,in other words....kids used to cough and throw up when they had Whooping Cough, before they discovered the Pertussis vaccine to prevent it. Has your son had his vaccinations yet? I hope so.
    This is scary. There are epidemics in California.Maybe other states too.Copy and Paste this link:

http://www.tothecenter.com/index.php?readmore=13319
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'd get him checked for whooping cough, does it happen when he laughs or sneezes too? That's usually a tell tale sign.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• What does it look like? Is it yellow or green mucus? Is is just white flem? Or does it have the throw up spell? No matter what the answers to those questions are I would be concerned about how long it has been. Call his dr and see if he should be on those vitamin drops for infants and toddlers, he may need the extra immunity because of daycare germs.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010