Can a scratched CD be fixed?

I was cleaning out the closet and I found a CD that had pictures on it like 7 yrs. ago not sure what it is but I sure would love to see it. Is there anyway I can save this CD?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• Ok i have no idea what the actual process is or how to do it or if it works but it might be a starting point to google or something but I heard you could do something with toothpaste to fix them, like actual paste though not the gels stuff.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 11:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I bought a DR. FIX thing at Fred Meyers in WA. Wal-Mart doesn't carry them. Any type of cd, dvd, or game system disc that aren't blue ray and ps3. It was like $25 on sale, but it was money well spent it has saved many. Plus you can buy refill equip for like $10.
    missisue

Answer by missisue at 11:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've always had good results with smearing Chapstick over the entire CD, then wiping it off.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 12:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• banging head into wall

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OOPS!!!!!! Its called a SkipDr. make sure you get the one that fixes!
    missisue

Answer by missisue at 1:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It's possible. My dad has something that he uses that buffs out CDs when they need a buffing..
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• tooth paste
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010