How do you find balance?

I am having the hardest time trying to find the balance between what needs to be done in the house, for the kids and for myself vs. what I want to do, for the house the kids and myself.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• ironic, I was going to ask this exact question earlier. :-).. I haven't found it yet and that was why I was going to ask.. lol I guess for me I am learning to just enjoy the moment. My "expectations" are what make me feel as if I was out of balance. I am working on just taking it all in and accepting that the current moment is where I need to focus and not on what "else" should be done. A movie that I love which strengthens this theory is an older release and called "The Peaceful Warrior". Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I FIT ME IN ANYWHERE I FIT. LOL
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Answer by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 1:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I work. So I do the basics (ie dishes, wipe off counters, sweep vacuum family room and toy room) every day. On my days off I do mopping, cleaning the bathroom, vacuum the bedrooms, the yard, and other things that need done. I do a load of laundry each night so it doesn't pile up on me. And my kids help with picking up, putting away their clothes, and some small housework chores such as dusting. I still have plenty of time for the kids and myself.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2010