Would you find it strange that a pregnant teen dressed as "Mary, Mother of Jesus" for Halloween...

Now, I'm not Christian, but even I found that to be a little weird! I mean, to be Mary for Halloween is weird enough, but to be Mary as a pregnant teen for Halloween is just... well... wrong!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• i c it the same way thats just wrong to make fun of a saint like that any saint for that matter its just wrong n disrespectful in my opinion
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I found this on a list of "What to be for Halloween" that was originally meant for pregnant teens... I found it looking for a costume for me... But it was kinda weird in my mind!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Mary was a pregant teen. Bible researchers have put her around 14 or 15 when she became pregnant.

I guess the prgnant nun was played out...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I guess I'm just twisted then because I find it funny. Wasn't Mary a teen when she had Jesus?
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 12:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• YIKES!!!! The world is really going to hell in a handbasket,isn't it?
    Pregnant teens are scary enough but THAT?????? Sorry but ot os just not cute or clever. Sacreligious,tho.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I find it kind of funny, too. I've seen plenty of people go as pregnant nuns, so I don't really see the difference. And wasn't she like 13 or 15 or something like that when she gave birth to Jesus?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I know Mary was a pregnant teen... But that doesn't mean this isn't weird... I mean, back then, women were married at 15 or 16... Today, BIG difference! And then to do it for Halloween is just completely wrong! WOW! The pregnant nun was one thing, and that was meant to cause a stir, but this one really caught me off guard. And what's worse is the lady that posted the list of costumes didn't mean it to be weird or anything - she actually meant it honestly.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Goes to show not everyone see's things the same way. I think it's offensive to dress up like and Indian in something as tacky and innaccurate as a cheap wig and nylon outfit with plastic beads. But that's just me. But I won't get into that tonight! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....... I guess to each her own =)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I find it pretty amusing especially since Mary WAS a teen when she had Jesus.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2010