How many of you love going on trips to no where?

What I mean by no where is getting in your car and just driving for hours till you end up somewhere. I use to love doing that before I had kids but I can't do that now. But maybe when they get older we can take a vacation to no where.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Travel

• We have ALWAYS done that, even with kids! We liked to pick a direction and just go until we found something cool. Once we drove a few hours to Colo Springs for a slushie at 7-11, then turned around and came home. And then later we drove into Wyoming just to feed the ducks!

My daughter had an interesting twist. We now have a spinner in the glove box (from Twister), and a set of dice. We spin for a direction, and roll the dice for the time. Then travel say SOUTH for 2 hours and see where we end up. Then explore for a while, get dinner somewhere that looks different (no McDonalds!), and head home.

Oh, and the slushie thing was because MIL was babysitting for a few hours, so we drove until it was halfway up (landed in Colo Springs for a slushie) and came home at the appointed time.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 1:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Simple times with those that you love build the memories that last a lifetime! DH & I never traveled, had a honeymoon, vacation or weekend away but we're building memories..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• those are the best trips you don't have a plan and can actually see things and do things you didn't even know existed...lol. i think it is fun i love getting lost
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 6:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I haven't really gone to "nowhere," but I enjoy finding little bitty towns that most people haven't even heard of and going to them. That way I can say that I've been there! And the kids love it, too!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yep, we call it getting lost. I love it.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes, where ever the road takes me!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 25, 2010