How long should I wait after giving birth to dye/bleach my hair?

I am breastfeeding, and was told that I have to wait, but never told how long. I would like to know, cause my hair is brown at the top, and black for 8 inches at the ends. I would really like to cut it, then bleach and dye it, but not certain how long I need to wait. My son is only 1 month today. Thank You.

Momma_Neko

Asked by Momma_Neko at 5:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i was always told by my dr and by my beautician that as long as you were in a well ventilated room where you werent breathing in the fumes that it would be ok to color your hair when you were preggo, i dont see why it would be diff for breastfeeding. Obviously dont take the baby with you.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• right, don't take the baby with you..you'll be there a while.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• To be honest.. it really doesn't matter. You can color your hair anytime you are pregnant or right after birth. As long as the smells from the colors are not borthering you then you are good to go
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 11:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2008