What is the best non-chip nail polish?

I have used OPI for a while, not impressed!

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• first, before switching try this:

clean oil off nails first with a nail polish remover..
    base coat, then polish, then top coat..
    it's best if they aren't a top and base coat in one.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Bump! I want to know, too! I need a good white polish and can't find a good one :( I have been pretty impressed with Sally Hanson Hard As Nails and Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear, especially for how cheap they are. I can get almost a week out of each of them, easily (unless I end up doing something that would chip pretty much any polish). The Xtreme Wear lasts forever on my toes. I don't have to remove it until I clip my nails and give myself a pedicure.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I use OPI. I buy it on ebay usually, because it is more expensive than other brands. They usually use OPI in nail salons. Another one i like is China Glaze, you can get it at Ulta 3. It doesn't hurt to invest in a top coat too. Apply a clear top coat and it will make your nail polish last twice as long. My sister is a nail technician, so I get the best nail advice.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 2:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Opi is the only one that works for me - i think you have to buy it in a nail salon place - at my salon, a bottle of Opi costs $6.00 - i wear the same shade all of the time, so i always buy a bottle for home use in case i need a little touch-up in between appointments - if i go faithfully every two weeks for a fill-in, i'm fine, but sometimes i can't always make it exactly every two weeks, so i just touch it up myself -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 6:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The only my polish doesn't chip is on my acyilc nails.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• They all chip =)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OPI is the best one-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Be sure when cleaning the nail plate to remove all oils (which is why a cue tip works best for this (to get the sides of the nails).. be sure cuticles are removed as well and make sure to get the ends of the nail.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have found that some of the least expensive nail polish are better than opi and the nail polishes sold in nail salons...
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 7:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2010