WHO HERE HAS A BIG FAMILY?

DO YOU HAVE 5 OR MORE KIDS? HOW DOES YOUR HOUSE WORK; ROUTINED OR CRAZY?
I HAVE 5 KIDS AND 2 STEP KIDS WE ARE ROUTINE ON WEEKDAYS CRAZY ON WEEKENDS....

MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Asked by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 1:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 5 kids (10, almost 9, almost 8, 4 1/2 and 2 months).  We're still trying to get in a groove.  Since the baby was born we've moved across country and the kids have started in a new school with a completely new schedule and routine.  We're still working otu the kinks but things seem to run pretty smooth during the week and we just wing it on the weekends.  I'm not much for schedules.  Even with a routine it's still crazy around here.  There's always someone screaming or throwing a fit (my oldest has behavior problems and the 4yo seems to be following suit) and then there's the baby who's been real fussy lately.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My kids are adults and got there own family's but my hubby is like 5 kids
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 1:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OUT OF MY 5 MY 2 YEAR OLD IS THE ONE THAT THROWS THINGS OUT OF WACK....MY OTHER FOUR 11 8 5 AND 6 MONTHS THEY ARE PRETTY CALM AND NORMALLY KEEP THINGS CALM UNLESS THEY ARE ALL IN A SMALL PLACE LIKE ONE ROOM...LOL
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Comment by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• LOL....TELL ME ABOUT IT!
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Comment by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I only have 2 LO's but my mother has 6 children (4 with my father 2 with her ex-boyfriend) and my step dad has 5. My father has an additional 3. Needless to say things were always crazy at our house, The older kids were always expected to help with cleaning and taking care of the younger kids. Now that the youngest is 18 it's less crazy but my parents currently have 15 grandchildren all under the age of 8! Holidays are nuts!
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 4:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have 9 kids living in my house, my 8 and a foster son. Some days go as smooth as silk other days it is madness. They also range in age from 19-10 months...it's not just the younger ones that fight, some days I swear my older ones are worse!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We are expecting our 5th child in 4-5 weeks then we will be a family of 7 and we couldnt be happier !!
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 1:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010