MY MOTHER HAS A SECRET!!!

MY MOTHER HAS BEEN KEEPING A SECRET, I THINK BECAUSE SHE FEELS I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED IN HER. DO I LET HER KNOW I KNOW HER SECRET OR HOULD I LEAVE IT ALONE AND DEAL WITH IT IF SHE COMES TO ME?

MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Asked by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 1:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Coming from a family that is full of secrets the only thing I can suggest is that you wait for her to talk to you about it unless it is causing harm to someone else. There have been situations when I have had to confront a secret and had to find a way to do it gently and then there have been times when I just waited until they came and talked to me about it. Mostly though I would suggest using your best judgement on the situation. Some people are very sensitive to their secrets no matter how silly they may seem to everyone else around them.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 1:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• wait till she feels ready to tell u n u tell her its ok i already knew lol
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• if she wanted you to know, she would have told you about it - so, i think you should leave it alone until she comes to you with it -
    unless you think it would make HER feel better if you let her know that you knew her secret - do whatever you think is best for HER!!!
    sometimes it is better to let the past remain in the past.....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 6:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• thats hard, i think it depends wat it really is and how you feel about it too, if you don't think its a big deal then maybe throw it into conversation someday and laugh it of, she sees you don't care then she will talk to about it. if you are not happy woth it mayb you could ask her gently. its hard to know what the right thing to do is. if you leave it til she tells you, she may never tell you and that could end up buggin you more than watever the secret is.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OK
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 10:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• @ kaysimon132461 I agree, btw its not just a past it is something she is still doing. My brother is upset cause I get on him about it but wants me to say something to my mom because he knows I know. I tell him though there is nothing I will say to our mom she knows the riskshe is taking and shes a grown women being the older sister I am more inclined to preach to my brother about how much better he would feel without it. I know i'm being very vague, it just doenst feel right saying what IT is.
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Comment by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010