What is your....

Favorite Bible Verse and Why?

Disclaimer- If you don't have one or don't read the Bible/etc, just skip over the question. There is no need for bashing.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 1:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me. Ruth 1:16-17

The devotion in this verse is amazing. For me it is alot more than just the particular situation that it states. It applies to any devotion to another human being. It is kinda the way I look at marriage too :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 1:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Psalm 84:10 "For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness."

and..

Psalm 27:4 "One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple."
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• jeremiah 29:11
    ''For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, '' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.''
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Ecclesiastes Ch 3:1-8

1 There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under heaven:
    2 a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
    6 a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    8 a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• (Isaiah 41:10)

Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I like Ecclesiastes for the wide view it has of life, but this little section just jumps out at me. The whole symmetry of balance, that everything has a season, makes trials and tribulations easier to bear. As even the pains of life will pass by and turn to joy. One just has to wait a little bit of time.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I like the 23rd psalm. Probably because that was my grandmothers favorite and we always read it together.
    Amanda3983

Answer by Amanda3983 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You know what, I've read the bible from cover to cover quite a few times, and have simply never chosen a "favorite" scripture. I've always been one to look at the books as a whole over individual scriptures. However, I have always found many of the Psalms to be very beautiful!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't really have one, its all a guide to a way of life and if someone needs the bible to lead a good life, then they have that right but I don't support when people force the bible on others.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010