The Hoarders episode with the woman who keeps rotten food

The one with the decomposing pumpkins and the open freezer full of rotten meat. I recognize this one as soon as it comes on. I KNOW what I'm going to see. Why do I keep watching it? It's worse than a train wreck.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• Now I've yet to watch this show but your post has me greatly intrigued!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• omg i saw one were they found jus fur frm here lost cat under all the mess n she says i thought u ran away lol..
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• A&E used to have the episode streaming on their website. I don't know if they keep them up there forever, but if you want to look it's the one called Jennifer & Ron/Jill (they show 2 families per show - the other family is pretty foul too, but nothing on the food hoarder)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• That sounds disgusting! Now I have to watch! LOL
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• the one i saw were the mom was going to lose her kids wow so sad how can ppl live like that
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 2:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Oh my husband and I saw that one. It was so disgusting, so beyond disgusting. She was hoarding food and saw nothing wrong with it at all. The people that were in her house to clean were so beyond grossed out. You know that there is something wrong in their head but it is still hard to fathom.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Lol, this is funny. I posted a question if people watched the show and how I was pretty much disgusted with seeing houses that way. I even explained how I felt sorry for them but not for the lady that was more worried about cleaning up her house to get her cats back than her kids. Needless to say, I just got comments bashing me... SO! I am glad that you have posted this with other people who aren't bashing! I like watching the show but thats because I can not believe half of the stuff on there. It makes me want to see what happens and if they actually accept the help.

I actually have dvr'ed it on my tv. I have my husband into watching the show. He says he wants to play it on a daily basis because it just makes you want to clean everything! And hey.. if I can get my husband to clean by having it on the tv... it will be turned on everyday all day haha =]

ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes, I saw it and couldn't believe it, I know one of the guys gagged, I'm surprised they didn't get a disease or infection and she was still there at the end trying to save rotten and unhealthy food. That's crazy, I don't get it, and she said she had a fear of going hungry and not having anything to eat but she still wont have anything to eat, that food is trash. She can't make a meal out of that, she can try and get really really sick and even possibly die, I stopped watching that show, it would make me wanna throw up.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I saw this episode too! I don't necessarily agree with a lot of people's choices, but I can usually understand them. I can understand why/how somebody would be a compulsive eater, drug user, smoker etc. Hoarding is something I can not wrap my head around-it confuses me. This particular episode was disturbing she kept saying, "well at one time it was a nice pumpkin." Yes, at ONE TIME!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why did the professional not pull those kids from the Hawaii house?
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2010