TMI.....im going to have a pelvic exam... adult content

they are going to stick a camera in my vagina and see what is going on ive had really really really bad pains and i think i might have a cyst.....if you have had the procedure done how long does it take?....and do they tell you the results right away?

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 1:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• Not had this done but I would think results would be immediate and not take eons.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think it would be pretty quick. They should be able to see a cyst right away on the camera. Hopefully the exam won't take more than 15-20 minutes at the most. The pelvis is a small space, shouldn't take long to check everything out. Good luck and don't worry, my mom had this done and it doesn't hurt. Just minor discomfort.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• It took less than five minutes for me. If you have a cyst it might be a little painful or uncomfortable, but nothing that you can't handle. Just remmeber to relax. They will put a condom and gel on the end of it, so that does help.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 2:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have had this exam twice and it was not painful and did not take long. The results were sent to my Dr and she called me the next day. It's important to relax. good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• it took them like 30 min they did a ulrtasound and then did the pelvic exam....im still waitng on the results and its been 2 days the tech didnt say anything but she was looking at the screen like what the heck...they should keep a straight face cuz im scared to get the results the way her face was lookin
    mama2my2boys

Comment by mama2my2boys (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010