I just realized after 10 years and 6 kids that I want a divorce.

I have been with the same man for over 13 years now. After being cussed out twice yesterday and once almost ending up in a wreck because of his anger towards me I am seeking a divorce lawyer. I have 6 kids that are hurting. I know that this all would of been preventable if I just would of said no a long time ago. The problem is that I finally realized yesterday at a wedding that we attended. I am truly afraid of his anger and what he might do or react. Even towards my children. I can not get him to talk about this. I told him over a month ago that if this continued I wanted to separate. Am I totally crazy? I want out. I truly with that he would just go and travel and not come back until his anger towards me resides. This is not healthy for my kids to continue to witness and I am better than this and so is he. He needs to move on just like I do too. I am scarred to go through with this. Any advice?

KT6

Asked by KT6 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I won't preach counseling. If your gut tells you so, only you know. I say, if you're done with his anger and abuse, move on. Why is it a good thing for you or your kids? Someone tell me? Why should you sit there while he "heals?" Listen to your instincts on this despite your lovely 6 kids. Sometimes when a separation is needed, it is the best thing....but that's for you to decide. Good luck. Love and light.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Do what your instincts tell you. If you're afraid of your husband, something is wrong. If you feel like you can't get out when you want to, something is wrong. No one has the right to make you stay, that decision is up to you. Do what is best for you and your kids, it may be hard at first but it is better in the end. I wish you lots of luck, and don't be afraid to leave. Stay with family, get a restraining order, whatever you have to do to feel safe.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i was in the same situation as u 6 years ago, i finally left my ex husband!!!! and now my 6 kids +1 with my new man have never been happier!! good luck hon
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 2:41 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If he is not willing to talk it over and maybe get some help then you have to do what is right for you. You and your children deserve better than what is going on now. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If your gut is telling you to get out, then get out. My only question is this...where is this anger towards you coming from? A seperation may be what you need, and what he needs. Do you still love your husband? Can this be fixed? Maybe he needs that time away from you to realize that, and to realize what he is doing is hurting you and his kids.

Only you know what is right for you and your kids. I wish you all the luck!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• . I wish you all the luck!
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 10:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• do it you deserve better and so do your kids
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2010