Book vs. Movie

so i just took the past three days to re-read "the lovely bones" in between naps and cleaning the house...etc etc. Then i immediately went out and rented the movie. i was hugely dissapointed (as usual) by the movie version.

my questions: which did you like better, book or movie of "The Lovely Bones"? And is there any movie that you like better than the book version?

acounard

Asked by acounard at 2:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have heard that about the Lovely Bones by several friends. I haven't seen the movie or read the book. I was told by them to read the book first or else I will be completely lost by the movie. So, when I have time - I will read it.

I have also heard this about "The Time Traveler's Wife." I actually did like the movie but my best friend gave me the book. She said the movie was good but the book is completely awesome! So, that is going to be the first one I attempt to read when I find time.

I did like the "Twilight" books better than the movie.

The Harry Potter's movies are cool with the graphics... but I enjoyed the books much more because of the details.

The one I hated the most was "Dear John"... The book is so much better than the movie in every way. Plus, I can't stand that actress... sorry but when you are a military wife - its just on a complete other level.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• books are so much better then the movies
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 2:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I still haven't seen the movie lovely bones but I loved the book when I read it a few years ago. As for a movie that I liked better than the book, was that silly kids movie holes lol. It actually followed the book perfectly.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 2:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• In nearly every instance the book is numerous times better than the movie. I never read or saw the lovely bones so I can't comment on that specific set but I think the only one that I liked the movie better than the book was Shrek. The book was quite lack-luster without much moral while the movie actual was a lot more touching and deals with self love and acceptance far more than the original book.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have not watched The Lovely Bones yet, for the sole reason that I LOVED the book so much. I just know the movie would be a disappointment, so I haven't bothered. :(

I don't think I've ever liked a movie more than the book. If a book's good enough to be made into a movie, they usually have to cut out so much of the stuff that makes it a good book - like the emotions, the main character's thoughts, etc - to make it a "bankable" movie. I hate that!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Never read, never seen..but movies rarely live up to the books entirely.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I know nothing about Lovely Bones. Yes, usually the books are better than the movies ( e.g. " Possession ' by A. S. Byatt and " The Lord of the Rings' by Tolkein. . However, although I never liked Agatha Christie's books, I enjoyed the dramatisations on PBS . Sometimes both are equally good, such as " The Name of the Rose ' or equally bad such as ' The DaVinci Code '
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have not read that book or watched the movie.
    Books are normally better than the movie.
    Although I prefer to watch Stephan King movies than read the books.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I loved the book "The Lovely Bones" and want to see the movie too. But movies are usually not as good
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• books are ALWAYS better. im still a disappointed harry potter fan. :(
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010