is it ok?

are vitamin C pills ok to take along with prenatal pills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol, double check with the doc, but I don't think you'll remotely need them. Those prenatals take care of pretty much everything. GL!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I think your prenatal vitamin takes care of it all, I think the vitamin C pill would just be wasted b/c your body can only absorb so much of extra vitamins.... not to mention I've never heard of an OB recommending an extra C pill.... good luck
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Yes, but it's unneccessary.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You don't want to take too much vitamin C while you're pregnant. Double check with your doctor, but there is only so much that's safe while you're pregnant. Normally, your body can flush it out, since it's water soluble, but your body processes things differently while pregnant. There's no need to take extra; there's plenty in your prenatal, especially if you're also getting enough fruits and veggies in your diet.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2008