Do you use the driving method to sometimes (or all the time) to get your wee-one to sleep?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not nowadays because one is 5 and one is 2 but when they were babies we sometimes did. DD used to get mad and cry when we would come to a stop sign lol. It worked well though, especially if one parent rides in the back and offers a bottle or paci. I don't think babies like riding in the back alone. To this day dd(2 yrs) tells dh to go when the light turns green lol. She also argues that the cows near our house are goats lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my husband does it with my son, when he wont go to sleep sometimes he enjoys t b/c he doesnt get to spend much time with our son during the day so thats there bonding time!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I used to when DS was younger. Not all the time but on a several occassions. It worked really well.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Something I used to do was to set their car seat/ or something they are safe to sleep in on an active dryer. It is soothing and helps them go to sleep without having to drive them around. :-) Have fun !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No - I'm very against using any type of sleep prop (rocking, nursing to sleep, etc.), but that's just me.

Answer by missanc at 9:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• while our daughter was teething really bad we had too my hubby would drive for hours just so she could get some sleep! then he bought this big belt thing and we strap her car seat to the top of the dryer and turn it on she loved that and it saved gas! he would make a bed in the laundry room and sleep in there with her it was really cute! sleep deprived parents will try anything to help a baby sleep! i say do whatever works! she only needed it for a few weeks now she is back in the crib!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No becuase I don't want to start something that I might have to keep up.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 11:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010