If you could make your house bigger would you?

cost isn't a problem.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Nope. We have a 2600 sq. foot house. It is more than enough room for our family of 4 and it is more than enough to clean.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would rather buy a new one that is bigger than expand an old one personally.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes I would make it big enough I would only have to see my SO once a week.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• OH YES!!!!!! It's a very small house with 5 people living in it!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• actually, we just "downsized" - we are retired and just didn't need our huge home with 2 acres of land - it was a bi-level - lots of steps - we moved into a rancher - that is actually huge, with a nice-sized deck - in a development with a clubhouse and a pool - they take care of the snow removal, grass cutting and trimming, trash removal, sewer fees, etc., of course we pay a monthly fee for this, but it is well worth it - our children are married with families of their own - and we have plenty of room for them when they come to visit - we have large rooms - family room - master bedroom and master bath including round tub and 2-seat shower, double sinks, large linen closet - living room, dining room, huge kitchen, morning room (fits round table and 4 chairs), 3 guest rooms, full bath, another large linen closet, laundry room, 2-car garage, storage up in large crawl space in attic - we're just as happy as two little clams ....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 5:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Even thow my house is big enough for us 1870 Squire feet. I have always wanted a really big master sweet . Bedroom, sitting room, bathroom, two walk in closets. So I would make a second floor, all master bedroom.

Answer by louise2 at 5:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope, sure wouldn't. We have just under 3000 sq ft. And when we moved in it was perfect for our family of 6. Now that the older two are marrying and moving out, it is still perfect for our family and when we bought we were thinking forward as the master bedroom is downstairs so that when all the children move out we can close up the upstairs completely.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes, I could use another 400 sq. ft., distributed throughout.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• we bought the house that we did because the others we looked at were too big haha
    this house is the perfect size for us
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes, we are going to have to......family of 5 with a three bedroom house isn't working. Need another bathroom larger laundry room. Bigger kitchen.......Need the works....lol
    Autumn.Baker

Answer by Autumn.Baker at 11:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2010