Terrified of everything!

My 2 year old DS is terrified of everything! I took him to the park yesterday and the whole time he just freaked out on anything I tried to do with him; slide, swing, bouncy horse thing. Its the same way when it comes to his potty chair we got him. He freaks out if he even sees it. I sat him on it one day and he had a melt down. I would like to start potty training and be able to take him to the park. But how can I when he freaks out everytime?

Apple_Pie2010

Asked by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just be patient with him. Keep bringing him to the park and let him decide what he wants to do. Eventually, he will want to try to do something new. Also, just leave the potty chair out (although it is a little early for potty training, unless he is showing obvious signs) and talk about it. Let him get used to it. Good luck!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Has he had anything stressful in his life recently? A divorce? A new sibling? A new house? Switching to a toddler bed? That can trigger anxiety to new things.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My DS will be 3 soon, and he is the same way. It's getting better though. Just keep exposing him to the things he's afraid of. Don't force him but talk to him about it. It will get better! Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be!
    OTZMom

Answer by OTZMom at 8:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yeah so what's new?
    I was to at that Age.
    But You grow out of it.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010