Does it bother you when people talk about this end of the world stuff?

It bothers me. I think if you are a Christian strong in your Christian beliefs you should know where you'll be going at that time, and people need to stop scaring everyone else! Sorry if this bothers or annoys anyone, but I had to vent.

johnandmickey

Asked by johnandmickey at 5:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP: ur question doesn't bother or annoy me.. i just have a question.. what scares you. I know i have made some end time comments but definitely not to scare anyone.. usually just to explain why I believe what I believe on a particular question. I don't like or believe in scare tactics to try to sway a person to my beliefs.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• exactly. honey, this shouldnt be scary for you. when it comes to prophesy and end times, sad to say, a lot of christians just run "nilly-willy" with it. thats where the scare tactics come into play. there are probably alot of people on CM among other places who shouldnt be trying to teach others about it until they get better educated with facts. (bonn777 is a great source. so i dont mean to include her in that group. i value her input on this matter greatly)
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 6:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• The end times things shouldn't scare us. Perfect Love Casts out all fear. So if we have the Perfect Love in us , we will not need to fear. The only thing we should have is Fear of the Lord. That is totally different ! We need to be educated but still know that God is with us every step of the way! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I sometimes find it annoying actually. I appreciate those who truly speak from the heart and out of love to perhaps enlighten those who might need enlightenment, but there are those who spout Bible verses just to intimidate.  I enjoy hearing someone speaking of the Lord when there is genuine love there, but not all who profess Godliness practice it, it is with those people I have issue.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 7:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• lol...I think ivelostmyself is talking about me when she said, "there are probably alot of people on CM among other places who shouldnt be trying to teach others about it until they get better educated with facts." I just don't ignore the time statements that are in the Bible for all to see. Too much about the teaching of it still being in the future doesn't jive with statements that make it clear that the "end" was actually in the first century A.D.

johnandmickey, I'm going to pm you with a site I've found helpful on the subject. You shouldn't be afraid...there isn't any reason to be, but it scared me too until I found out the truth.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• The "end times" predictions have been going on for over 2,000 years and still, nothing has happened. And, since I don't believe anything is going to happen, and that it's a little late to put the brakes on this little "urban legend" after so long, I just don't worry about it. I have a little chuckle over this superstitious nonsense and move on.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I am a Baptist, and we believe that you have to be saved to go to heaven, but what about my kids? They are 7 and 3 and haven't taken the Lord into their hearts yet. I don't know what will happen to my babies, and that's what scares me.
    johnandmickey

Answer by johnandmickey at 10:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• OMG that's a horrible religion that says your babies aren't going to heaven, what is the point of that man made scary threat?!?! How horrible.Religion is supposed to make you feel better and safe, right? So why do they have mean dogma that serves no purpose other than to scare their faithful followers. Totally absurd.

Anonymous

• To answer to OP question, no it doesn't scare me at all, and no I'm not annoyed with those people who think that way, I feel bad for them actually.
    Anonymous