Do you have lots of parties?

For the holidays or for whatever days.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't do it to impress the Joneses or the Smiths;) We do it because we like getting together with our friends. We don't have any family here so it's nice to have others over. Plus the kids love it! We would have many more, but it does get expensive.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We have several parties a year, we love to entertain. New Years Eve is our big one, we have a theme and everyone dresses up. This year we're doing "Cowboys and Indians." It's not about impressing anyone, it's about enjoying the company of our friends.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We do a couple BBQ's in the summer and this year we are having a Halloween party.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No because we don't really have a house big enough for that nor the $. I would rather use extra money for kids' college or family vacation or something useful. I'd rather spend $ on my family than trying to impress the Joneses.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm not that big into hosting parties, but I do enjoy going to them =)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Nope. We normally just have one a year. Thats for my Son's birthday.

Around the holidays we have to go everywhere else. (My hubbys grandmothers, eh I hate going there) & to a close family friends family get together.... & Im okay with that. Less of a mess for me to clean up. =)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We do a lot of gatherings... a lot of BBQ's in the Summer and ex during the Holidays...
    During the Holidays I do all of the cooking you just have too.. BYOB...
    During the Summer ppl bring dishes to pass....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I would have to agree, I like having parties and entertaining but I'm not going to impress anyone. We have the girls birthday parties and during the holidays both of our families come on different days. It makes doing all the baking and decorating worth it. My girls love it when people come to our house. I also will have a ladies party once in a while, we do have a very large kitchen for entertaining.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My husband is Mr. Social. He invites people over ALL THE TIME. I just make sure the house is always clean. I keep a mix of food and beverages on hand at all times anyway so if my husband invites people over I have what we need without rushing out. He has always been like that. When he lived alone his was the hang out house and he would cook for all his bachelor friends. As a bachelor he never really cared if he had food and people bring whatever they want to drink. It is more me that feels like if people are drinking, I should have some food available. I always have picnic ware, ect. too.

We also have a lot of get togethers. Not trying to impress anyone. In our group of friends we get together for football and other sporting events. It rotates around whose house, but mostly at ours. We are comfortable hosting and other people are less comfortable. Since we do it so much we have everything and it is easy
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The girls each get a family birthday party. I also host Easter, I think that is enough.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010