Who else gets emotional when they hear about a death of a child the same age as their children?

I'm sitting here a 5 in the morning and just got all teary eyed over a fatal car accident of a 17 and 22 year old. My DD is 17 and driving now.!! Very scary thoughts!!

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 5:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, it is very hard to read about any childs death. Unfortunately this past summer it hit closer to home than I ever imagined when my cousins little boy who was 2 months younger than my daughter was killed in a car accident with his mother and 8 month old sister.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes, I get emotional whenever I hear of a child's death. Any age, any reason. My best friend's child was killed in a car accident. So sad
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes I do.I get emotional no matter the age. Of child death and abuse Same with animals because neither kids nor animals have a voice.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yeah, same here.
    I see news stories about these little kids that are killed by their parents and I cry for them. I don't know why exactly it hits me so hard but it does... I just think how horrible that they were killed by the person/people they were supposed to trust most.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have to agree that it breaks my heart when I hear of a child dying no matter what their age. It's especially tragic if their death was cause by the hands of their own flesh and blood. It bothers me to the point where lately I can barely watch or read the news except for trying to catch the weather.

Babycakes323

Answer by Babycakes323 at 5:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I get teary eyed cause it's just scary know a days they are into the texting while driving and teen go out and they get talking and laughing and while driving you have to on top of everything going on around you. My SS is 3 years away from driving that scares me enough.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes very, I cry my eyes out for the child...the family. Hard to imagine being in their shoes...thats as close as I ever want to get!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My husband can't watch any of those shows (Dateline, 20/20, etc) where they talk about kids being abused - since we had out kids he just gets too upset.

Answer by missanc at 9:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I get emotional whenever I hear of a child passing. It hurts me bad. But when they are the age of my children its worst because I'm looking at a child that age happy & healthy, and someone else is grieving over one.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yea im the same theyre was a death of a 2 year old by drowning in our town i cried over it for weeks cause my sons 2 and i kno how easy it would b for it to happen to him
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010