Do you ever notice little girls clothes are way smaller than boys?

I know girls are a little smaller usually but I'm talking about babies clother they start making girls jeans tighter and sweater and everything!!!! It makes me wonder if they are sending out a "thin" message to moms and daughters from he start. My dd is 2 and my ds is 5 and they can sometimes wear the same size!!!! I have a boys jacket that is a 3T and both ds and dd can wear it. I also have boys shorts with the same outcome. I even laid a girls pair of shorts on top of boys-same size same brand etc and the girls one was WAY smaller.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have 2 boys and a girl and yes I've noticed that. Their shorts are shorter, their shirts are tighter.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes, the shorts are all daisy dukes! it's crazy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes, they're tighter, and shorter...but do you really want your daughter wearing clothes that just hang on her?...boys clothes are made to be more baggy and girls clothes are made to be a little tighter.....no, not much tighter, being that the way most kids grow they're in a size bigger than their age (2 year old wears 3t clothes)...some of it depends on the brand too...i just went shopping for my 2 year old, and bought her 4t clothes for the winter bc she's tall, and was in 3t clothes this spring. just buy a bigger size if you're that put out about it.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• That is really sad. Why do they make girls clothes so risque?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes i notice it to , my oldest was asking for super skinny jeans and i thought it just meant legs then hubby told me that it was tight all over super tight i was like H__ NO!!!
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• so annoying....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes I've noticed this.. my daughter and nephew are the same age (hour and a half apart) and they wear the same size and his are always baggy on him, while hers fit more snuggly.

No I don't think it's a way to project a "thinner" image for baby girls.. I think it's a way to distinguish between girls and boys. Sorry but I don't want to dress my daughter in clothes that are baggy and loose so she looks like a line backer (which is more what the boys clothes tend to do for the boys).
    If the shorts are daisy dukes on your girls, then you need to go up a size or two, because they shouldn't be. And no, not all kids can wear the same size bottoms as they can for their tops (which is why they are sold seperately a lot of times as well).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have two boys - so no I have not noticed this. But what I do notice is that girls clothing looks way too grown up for little girls!!! I don't want my boys dating little hussies. (LOL) But the girls can't help but dress that way - all the clothes are made that way. And there are 10 racks of girls clothes compared to the one rack of boys clothes. Not fair. :)
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 1:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010