hcg levels

I have been to my doctor and he has told me my hcg levels are not doubling like they should and I don't even know how far along I am has anybody got an anwser to this or has something like this happend to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I did once. I don't want to alarm you but I was told that it usually means a pregnancy is not doing well and that there is a likely miscarriage on its way. and that's exactly what happened to me-a miscarriage shortly after. But if that isn't the case then maybe you aren't as far along as you think or dr thinks and that would explain it. gl
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I just recently had my blood taken 3 times to check my levels. Within 2 1/2 days my number had more than doubled. They said they look for it to double or triple within a couple days. In my case I was checking it to make sure it wasn't ectopic, since I've had one in the past. I think I would unfortunately have to agree with Sweetlove, that it is probably not a good sign. However, my sister was able to get hormone injections when her levels weren't high enough and she had a healthy baby boy a few weeks ago. Maybe ask your doctor about that. It may only be an option if you are farther along.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes me to
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2010