All in one flu shot?

Have you heard of this? I went into CVS with dh Sunday to their walk-in clinic because dh had an irritation on his arm and they have a sign up saying they offer all in one flu shot lol. I'm assuming this is seasonal flu shot/H1N1. I dunno. DD is 2 and a half and I'm hoping she's old enough this time for the flu mist because I hate poking her with needles and seeing her cry.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• The flu shots are always an "all in one" shot. The reason it wasnt' last year is because they had already made the seasonal flu shot and had not put the H1N1 virus in the shot because it has not yet been discovered.

There are many, many different strains of flu. Scientist do a study and try to figure out which strains would be the most prevalent that year. There are typically more than one strain in any flu shot.

All flu shots are the same. The H1N1 shot was exactly the same as the seasonal flu shot except for the virus that was in the shot.

Just as with ANY vaccine, there is a risk.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We don't get flu shots so I don't know what that is all about. I know you didn't ask for this and I'm not preaching but here is a link to a blog:)
    http://www.sortacrunchy.net/sortacrunchy/2010/09/why-well-skip-the-flu-shot-again-and-what-well-do-instead.html
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't usually get the flu shot, but I did hear about the all in one for this year.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes, I got this shot last week. It had both flu vaccines in it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We don't get flu shots so I have no clue
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• yes they are doing an all in 1 while we always get the regular flu vaccine I just heard on my news last night that some kids have had some minor sezuires with the H1N1 shot I am still out on this one. I know we'll get the regular shot though
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yep - the flu shots are always "all in one". Of the vaccines on the market, the flu shot is near the safest. I, and my family, get them every year.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I've actually never gotten the shot either and have only had flu once and it was 8 years ago and I thin I only got it then because my immunity was low and I was underweight.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 5:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• But I insisted dh get the seasonal one last year as well as the kids because I was scared of the H1N1 crap. I didn't have them get the H1N1 shot though because I was afraid of its unknown side effects. Nobody got the flu.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 5:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010