Are you a strict parent?

If so, what do you consider strict?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think I am, but my husband seems to think so.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• If making my children mind is strict. Then yes I was strict.

Answer by louise2 at 5:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think I'm in the middle. I'm stricter than some but not as much as others.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have no problem admitting that I am. If it helps teach my son right from wrong & understand he can't go around acting like some of hellion kids., then I have no problem with it.

I want him to mind, Im not saying I dont let things slide, or Im a mean parent, But I stand my ground with him. If I tell him to do something he'll do it, or deal with whatever happends.

I make him do his best, nothing but HIS best is allowed. (no not perfect people, Just i wouldn't stand for him playing stupid...long story but as smart as my son is, hes not doing his work in school, even though me, my hubby & the teacher all know he can.)

On the other hand, my friends calm that son is spoiled rotten... so who knows.

I think Im strict and Im proud of it.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes I am!

Other parents don't seem to get it with me! I have rules rules rules to follow yet I know when to let loose and have fun! Being a single mother of 2, my kids know that there is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that they can get away with. And I am a stickler for following the rules of the house. I think that kids these days are too lax, disrespectful, and lack proper parental control. My kids know who's parents I like and dislike due to what they let their children do and act in public.

It is strictly "Yes Ma'am and No Ma'am" in my house!

I asked my kids yesterday, as a matter of fact, "You do know that I know EVERYTHING that goes on right?" They both answered in unison, "YES"

My children are well-rounded, respectful children and that makes me proud when I hear a teacher say, I wish everyone was like your son/daughter!

:-)
    SangD

Answer by SangD at 2:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes. My kids know that if mommy says it then it is the law. That is also how my mother was and I grew up a darn fine civilian. I hope my children will be as well.

But my children also know what things mommy thinks is okay and to go nuts about. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't take back talk or disrespect, but I never had to spank my children and I never would and they are fine adults today. I'm very proud of both of them. Having said that, I have seen some kids act in a way that I think I would spank them.......go figure.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i think my kids are well behaved and i think i have done and am doing a great job at it...so no need...when it comes to school things i dont play...but with anything other then school my kids are just about perfect...they are children and i could not be any more proud...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• having my children respect me, not talking back, being poilte, and trusting them...not necessarily strict but then again not letting them walk all over you
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010