Are you a strict wife or so?

If so, how?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• No I am just the SO not the mother.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• lol pink
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 5:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Do not know what you mean by Strict.

Answer by louise2 at 5:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not at all. He's a grown up and I express my feeling about things but in the end it's his decision what he does and where he does it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:41 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• no, neither one of us is a strict spouse - i just don't understand how you can have a marriage based on strictness - we roll with the punches - and laugh about things instead of getting all riled up about them.... we've been happily married for 46 years - i married a coach who was coaching 3 h.s. sports at the same time (in those days, it was legal) - i never knew when he would get home for dinner - so i stopped stewing about it very quickly and got with the plan - never knew when he would be home from school late because of teachers' or coaches' meetings or late after the game because he stopped with the other coaches for something to eat and drink (he would always call me in these cases) - i learned very early on not to get frustrated about him being late - this was his job - so we never had a problem with it - as so it goes
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 5:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• strict, how?
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 5:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not strict per say, but respectful of each other...

If he knows Im against something, most times he wont do it.

if he askes me not to do something, He knows I wont do it. **He knows if he tells me not too, Thats the first thing Im doing**
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not really. I mean to the outside world I can see how it may look that way though. There are things I will just not stand for, but DH is the same way. Thankfully we both agree on those things.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No, he's my husband, not my child. If you are talking about respect, we respect each other, but we are both adults who choose this. We don't get upset about menial things. There isn't really any point. I want to live my life happily, not with a constant source of tension and frustration. Life is just entirely too short for that nonsense. If either of us feels strongly about something, we discuss it with the other person. We don't hand out edicts.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Not strict. Not at all. But we do discuss things that we feel would be ok or not, and we respect the other person's feelings about it.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2010