Have you or someone you know been to a dermatologist?

The last time I went to the dentist I was pregnant with my son and the dentist told me after my cleaning that I needed to see a dermatologist. I guess my gums are worse than I thought. But I haven't been yet and I need to go. Does any one know about how much it will be, i know it all depends but what do they charge for the visit? And would they let me make payments?

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 6:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• A dermatologist is a skin doctor. A Periodontologist would be a gum doctor. But maybe dermatologists would do gums also. I'd say that whichever, they would charge normal specialist rates in your area, and probably they would allow payments. Call the office and ask. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 6:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Dermatologist for skin, Periodontist for gums/gingival tissues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i have been to a dermatologist, but idk what that has to do with teeth. anyway, it was 120 about for the consult and then you discuss treatment and they will give you an estimate for that. you could ask about payment plan then. but the first visit is only a consult and you only have to pay for office visit.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i am an ongoing patient with my dermatolagist - for skin cancer removal - every three months - my insurance covers it - i only have a $5.00 co-pay - i'm sorry, but i can't find my bill right now - so i can't tell you what a visit costs - i know each service has a different fee - why don't you call the office and ask the price of their services?
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2010