Do you have a receipe that can be sent in the mail?

I want to send a friend something sweet in the mail. I don't know how to cook. Don't have a cookbook. But I'm willing to learn. I want to send something but I know it will take more than a week to get there. Can we send food items in the mail?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Of course you can why don't you oder samething for her and then you know that it will be fine in the mail. I make choc chip cookies to my granma every year and they are fine for her when she gets them in 5 days later.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Cookies, Brownies, Sweet Breads.
    Just make sure you wrap them in saran wrap or airtight containers.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 7:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Quickbreads are easy to make and travel well. BetyCrocker.com has good banana bread!
    PriorityMail might not cost thatmuch more, so check it when you take the package to the post office.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Make a mix in a jar - you put all the dry ingredients in, then she adds the wet & bakes - cookies of any kind, brownies, cake, there are all kinds of things you can do. And yes you can mail any food or drink item EXCEPT alcohol. The best way to mail it would be to get a flat-rate box and wrap the jar well (if you use my idea) and use packing peanuts or something. The benefit of a jar mix - you don't have to worry about how it comes out (no wasting ingredients if it doesn't bake well the first time) and she's not getting baked goods that are a week old - she'll eat it fresh. (If you have any other questions about mailing foods or anything pm me - DH works for the USPS and I've sent TONS of food items - little brother was in Iraq).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010