Need some ideas for gift baskets and what to put in them?

Don't have much money. Want to give gift baskets to those how have helped us over the year. A way of saying thank you. I use to know, but now on oxygen, my mind doesn't work too good. Do you have some suggestions?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can also do theme baskets. "A night at the movies" could be a bottle of soda, microwave popcorn and a DVD. "Italian Dinner" could include a box of pasta, jar of sauce, parmesan cheese, bread sticks and a bottle of wine. "Tea Time" - collection of teas, cookies and some cute napkins and maybe a couple of cup & saucer combos. "A day in the garden" - packets of seeds, gardening gloves, couple of little hand tools and a potted plant. "Family Game Night" - board game, deck of cards, Yatzee, soda and popcorn. "Cozy Time" - couple of novels, fuzzy slipper/socks, CD of quiet music and hot chocolate mix.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I guess it depends on who it is for. If you know the persons interests/hobbies, likes or dislikes that would help. Ideas: Italian dinner: jar of sauce, pack of spaghetti or other pasta, pamesaen cheese, bottle of wine. Woman basket: body wash, lotions, etc. Man: nice razor, shave gel, men's body wash. Kids: candy, small toy or game, crayons, coloring book. Family: DVD or certificates for DVD rentals from nearby video store, Gift card to local pizza place.

I hope some of these ideas have helped!
    ~~Amy
    http://www.ManyMoneySavers.com
    ALynn123

Answer by ALynn123 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Other themes: New mommies (things for them), babies, readers (books, bookmarks, coffee mug, etc), picnic, get well, writers (notebooks, pens, usb drives, thesaurus or other book on writing, mug, munchies) LOL can you tell I'm a writer?
    Anyway, the possibilities are endless for gift baskets.
    crazycappuccino

Answer by crazycappuccino at 7:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree it depends on who you are giving it to, if it's a couple, male, female, what their interests are or if they have recently had a child or something. And idea I really like was to do like a cookie mix, brownie mix, or even soup mix in the canning jars, and tie a tag with how to prepare it one there (there are lots of ones to find on the internet). You could go to the dollar tree. I've went there before and put together a really nice Christmas basket for some one before for around $10.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 8:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You've gotten some great answers here! I'd like to add, if you like to cook or preserve things like jams and jellies, those go great in a gift basket as well, and the costs are low. Most people love baked goods, and you can tuck them in a cute little basket with a tea towel or cute dish towel or cloth napkin, anything like that, and maybe something to drink. Even packets of teas or specialty cocoas would be nice. Dont forget to add a recipe card . The main thing to remember with gift baskets is to think about the person or family who will be receiving it. It's also fairly easy to get carried away with items to place in a basket so know beforehand how much you can put into it.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Movie basket - Buy one of those popcorn buckets and fill it with DVD's, microwave popcorn, movie tickets and candy.
    Car basket - Car wash gift certificates, car fresheners, window and dashboard cleaner.
    Coffe basket - coffee mugs, coffee, tea, chocolate covered spoons.
    Wine basket - bottle of wine, cork screw, a couple of wine glasses and glass charms.
    Chocolate - a bunch of different kinds of candy bars
    Family game night - a board game, a deck of cards, Uno, etc.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I go to basket raffles and the ones I like the most are wine and dinner u put pasta sauce cheese and etc
    Armywife27512

Answer by Armywife27512 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I usually do homemade baked goods, that's always a hit
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• HOw about some tea samples along with tea cup? I go to thrift stores also to pu items to put in baskets. I had a tea basket ministry and we would put baskets together for women and gather slightly used items and blessed many. I also have a tea business so if you would like some samples let me know and I can mail to put in baskets.
    Check out my blog sometime www.travelingteawithJesus.blogspot.com
    TeaTravels

Answer by TeaTravels at 10:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• tea or coffee samples, a movie night theme. or baked products.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2010