What do you say when you really just aren't in the mood? adult content

Last night my DH wanted sex. I was not in the mood at all. What do you say to your man when he wants it and you aren't in the mood?

(No need to bash. My DH gets it several times a week. I rarely tell him no. Even when the last thing on my mind is sex, I'll still do it even though I get no enjoyment out of it. I just did not have the energy or inclination to play last night.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I tell him I am not in the mood,lol. Thankfully DH is pretty perceptive. He can tell when I am not in the mood and doesn't even advance. But if he did, and I was truely not in the mood, I would just tell him, he respects that and backs off. After all there are times when I am in the mood, but he isnt.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Tell him I didn't take my birth control pill for the day. Super effective. =D
    I usually go with the above because when I am at the lowest point of not wanting sex/no way I can be enticed into it. Because simply saying 'I'm not in the mood.' does not work. I think any man thinks they can 'get us in the mood'.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 7:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I tell him the truth and reinforce that I'm still super attracted to him, just that X, Y, or Z is on my mind and I'm not feeling into it.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i just straight up tell him i dont want to do anything.. he understands most the time .. he isnt over sexual so we are all good here, but i try and at least pleasure him the next day or so ..who know that next day i may be horny as hell and f his brains out to make up for it.. lol
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i just act like i dont want plus i have a terrible attitude when i get irritated so he knows when not to bother for that :)
    cute504dimples

Answer by cute504dimples at 8:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think I have only told my husband once I wasn't in the mood, and he was good with that. We just snuggled and went to sleep. But for the most part, I am the one wanting to have sex and he is the one not in the mood. He will say not tonight, I will pick on him for a minute, and we will go to sleep.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am usually always in the mood it is my DH that isn't in the modd and he just says we will do it tomorrow I am not in the mood lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I say: Baby not tonight. Plain and simple he's ok with it and usually we end up having sex in the morning.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 8:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• LOL Ain't that the truth. My DH always thinks he can get me in the mood but there are those times when I really am NOT in the mood and no amount of trying will get me there. Last night was one of those nights. Wish I could use that excuse though, we are TTC so no birth control here. I always have a huge drop in my sex drive the week after ovulation, that's this week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i've only taken a rain check once or twice (if i'm not into it i'll just pleasure him most of the time)
    I'll say, can we just snuggle tonight or something like that
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2010