What birth control do you use?

I got pregnant last year while being on the pill and taking it at the same time every day. I now have a 5.5 month old (and my husband and I are elated that he is in our lives) but I am paranoid about getting pregnant again before we are ready for another. Any one else have an experience like this? If so, what kind of BC were you on and what are you taking now to prevent a second "surprise"?

Lisa.Price

Asked by Lisa.Price at 7:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• i never had a suprise baby lol. i am on the mirena iud and i like it. i went with that because i have endometriosis and it is working great!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thanks.. I have thought about using Mirena but I am afraid of the side effects (I know I'm crazy! lol).
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 8:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• they all have side effects, except abstinence lmao

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• condom. i tried pills,the ring for a span of almost 10 years. all made me crazy so we stick with just what we need. heck we didnt use anything since we got together 7 years ago but since we had our last baby and lost her a month and a half ago i didnt want to lose another, i wanted to give my body time to heal before another so we are using just to have a better chance of not getting preg.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Condoms
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I have Mirena also....I have used the patch and nuvaring in the past but have never gotten pregnant while or birth control
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• We used Natural Family Planning. My husband helped to chart my cycles. Brought me the thermometer in the morning and such. The only time we had a "surprise" was we when we said what the heck if it happens it happens. The main reason is because I know there are too many side effects from ABC. I know of 3 women that have had a stroke or blood clots in their lungs. ( my Mom was one at 43). Plus all Birth control can fail. Why not use the method that you have control over without poisoning your body.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• well the first time DH and I had sex 3 weeks into our relationship we used condoms and the we used condoms about 4 or 5 other times then we started using the pull out mythod we used that for about 3 years and then we got married I got on birth control 3 months after being on the pill we decided to get pregnant so I went off the pill. After having the baby we used condoms until we went for my 6 week app. (since that is the easiest time to get pregnant. Got on birth control until she was about 1 then went off of it went back to the pulling out mythod then we decided to get pregnant with baby number 2 used condoms again the first 6 weeks. Got on the pill until my youngest was 6 months then our insurance doesn't cover birth control we started using the pull out myth again lol so I don't use anything now and my youngest will be 3 in January and we as of this month started trying for another baby this is our last though lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I never had a surprise baby either
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Natural Family Planning. I got pregnant twice on the pill. Had issues with an IUD. And depo ruined my sex drive and my cycles. Check the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility."
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010