Can you believe how some people live?

We bought a house last week. YAY! We will have some flooring replaced before we move in, so I'm in the process of cleaning really well before we move. I can't believe how nasty these people were. I mean really, how hard is it to clean the pancake batter you dripped down the front of the cabinet? Don't you notice when you have dust an inch thick covering your mini blinds? I am just appalled that people live like this. I mean, this is a beautiful home (or it will be, once I can actually see it), it's in a lovely area with other beautiful homes. Why would you buy something that nice and then proceed to just trash it? Do you have nasty neighbors?

JawgaMom1

Asked by JawgaMom1 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• it does make you wonder, doesn't it? when we put our house up for sale, i cleaned like a freak (but then, i'm kinda anal like that, normally) and worried the entire time it wasn't clean ENOUGH, and buyers would pass by it. when it sold two weeks later, and we started looking for rentals in the new town, i was aghast at what i saw. in fact, the house we now rent, had been on the marker for over a year..the day we were moving in, i was wiping/sweeping/bleaching/dousing/scrubbing/younameit as fast as the movers could unload the truck! it was absolutely disgusting! the owners teach school/computer-IT, with one small child...who'dathunkit would be so nasty?!?!
    just goes to show, you can't just a book by its cover, or the cleaning habits of its owners.

*shudder!*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i have nasty relatives...i guess everybody has there reasons...some people just don't know any better though..thats how they were raised
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I used to work full time, I have 5 kids and not nearly enough time to do all the things that needed to be done. Sometimes it is laziness, but other times cleaning took a back seat. I stay at home now so my house stays clean, all I can say, is thats it's tough to be mom...maid...cook...handyman....tutior....wife....and an all together real rounded perfect indiviual :)
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 8:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• we are renting a house and whoever lived here before were some nasty people...I don't even want to know what I sucked up out of the carpet with the steam cleaner and I have even found something gross on the ceiling in one of the rooms. The bathrooms were really gross but the worst thing was the dishwasher. It is a really nice house but I guess some people don't hold the same standards to thier home when they are just renting.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i try not to judge other people
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• The person living there before may have had a mental condition (and it may not be something that you could have picked up on) that made it hard for them to even have the will power to get out of bed. You never honestly know what is going on with a person, then again they could just simply be lazy.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 8:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• you will get it cleaned and the way you want it . congrats on the house
    mommy2girls0305

Answer by mommy2girls0305 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I understad you that happen to me when I moved to my last apartment. It was so nasty I had to clean it with my cousin. No idea why but I have to kids and still clean my apartment at least once a week.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 8:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I moved into a cute rent house that was trashed! Like dog poop, I can't stand the smell, fleas, nasty fridge, no before pictures exist it was so nasty! We thought we would have to paint every room but after 2 weeks of scrubbing it smelled and looked great! I clean houses on the side and a woman recently asked me to help her clean a trailer she is renting before she moved in...she said it's filthy so I braced myself. Well it wasn't. It needed some love, scrub the tub, wipe the walls stuff. She admits to being OCD. No kidding, ya think?

To all of this I say: To each his own!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes we have gross neighbors too. I live in a very old home. It was built in 1903...but that doesn't mean you can't update it and most importantly keep it clean! As a matter of fact my girls and I spent yesterday afternoon pulling the appliances from the wall and scrubbing walls and floor. How does a place with no traffic get so gross so fast? lol. I think I need to refinish my cupboards soon.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2010