Where do you start????

When your house looks like a disaster area? Where do you like to start? In a certain room? With a certain task? Any cleaning tips for disaster areas?

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 8:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I start with my bedroom since I can make a lot of progress in a short time and then it looks like I got something done. Kitchen last - it usually needs the most work/time.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I start on the place that looks like the least of the problems, usually the living and or dining rooms. That way there is some small battle won. It will look good and make me feel better and more motivated. Then I start tackling the kitchen, which is generally a losing battle no matter what I do.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I always start with the dining room table, as it seems to be the dumping ground for everybody & everything. Once it gets cleared off & I put a fresh tablecloth on it, the whole room looks much better and I am more motivated to tackle the rest of the dust & clutter around the house.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I just start where I am - work for 15 to 20 minutes and then step back and admire my accomplishment. That usually gives me motivation to keep going.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Laundry--->living room---->Kitchen--->anything I have time left for......or repeat cause the kids messed the freshly cleaned rooms already.....lol
    Autumn.Baker

Answer by Autumn.Baker at 11:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I usually start the laundry and clean the kitchen while waiting on the cycle to finish.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010