Do you do anything for the care of your children in a Novel/Different way that you think most other Moms don't?

Is there something that you do for the care, food, nap time or anything else for your child that is a very novel idea? Something you think most other Moms haven't thought of? Something you would like to share that works well for you & makes your day a little easier??

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 8:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• i always let my son get his oun food when he could a lot of ppl dont do that
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't force my daughter to eat, she's 10 she knows when she's hungry and she will tell. I also don't ground her for bad grades, we move to a new country with a new language and I know she is doing everything she can (a lot of people don't like this about me) last year she started will d's and c's she end up with 3 a's and 2 b's without being grounded! She wanted high lights and I let her have it. With my 1 yr old I don't freak out whenever he make a mess, he is a child Jeez they make mess. AAaah that's it. I needed to let it out! Thanks!
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 8:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i never had a set time for feeding. plus i never told the kids they didn't like something just cuz i don't like it.
    there is one thing that i did that most moms haven't my kids have had their library cards as soon as i got their social numbers.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I let them be THEM. Whether I or the rest of society found it to be odd. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I let my children be themselves, regardless of how strange it may seem to others. (similar to Memigen's comment). I also have never treated my children like babies as they got older, I spoke to them like adults and treated them with the same respect. I let them be children, but they were allowed to speak their opinions. I also never told my children No without having a valid reason and providing it, to help them understand the importance of my decisions. I allowed my children to become independent at an early age, calling for their own rides, planning their own sleep overs, ordering their own food etc.
    Now that they are older we have three rules in our house based on all the rules and boundaries we've set along the way: Show Respect, Stay in Touch, Be Safe. I love them every day, I support them, encourage them and continue to guide them. Hugs and kisses still happen in our home every day even at 12 & 16.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i don't hit my kids not a spank not a tap not a nothing...i let a lot slide pick my battles...what i am strict about is school...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010