I am so unhappy with this and I don't know how to resolve it!

My dh travels for work and when he gets home he and I have a hard time getting back in our groove. We get defensive about sd...we are quick to contradict eachother and I feel left out. We will discuss things and then he changes his mind at the last moment. I ask his opinion because I care what he thinks so I feel disregarded when our "discussions" are ignored. He talks about "our family" but it's as if I'm just supposed to sit here and say "yes dear"...that's what he does and it drives me nuts b/c he turns around and does what he wants anyway. His ex and mom are both psycho bitches that yell and scream when disagreed with. He and I don't yell and scream but it's really hard to talk to him at times because he gets so defensive or just plays dumb. I'm alone in this house for days and weeks at a time. Then I still feel alone when the people I love are here. Suggestions to help keep the peace are welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• He probably gets defensive or plays dumb because that is how he learned to deal with the 2 "psycho bitches". Talk things over again and again and tell him neither one of you gets to change or ignore the rules/method you have agreed upon. If either one changes their mind they have to discuss it all over again together. You have to be united on your approach with your children because the kids will start playing one of you against the other. Maybe you could go to some parenting classes together too. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• WOW!!!
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 10:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2010